Young Official Development Grants Available
The SWVA has received funds of £450 to support the running and deliver of the Young Referee Awards. If you would like to apply for part or all of the funds then please let us know how you would like to use the money with respect to the following:
- The funding to be utilised to aid Young Official development in your area.
- Locate and Identify schools that wished to deliver the Young Referees Award.
- Have a Level 2 coach deliver the resource to the selected teachers, or a shorter ‘crash course’
- Give each teacher a Young Referees Award pack to deliver from (or perhaps a photocopy in the first instance).
- Hit a greater number of people and empower schools to do the work required.
To apply, please complete the Young_official_development_grant form all applications will be assessed and announced on a first come first served bases.
Young Referees Award
The Young Referee Award is aimed at 14-19 year olds and suitable for students, young club members or anyone wishing to develop their leadership skills through refereeing, coaching and organising community volleyball activity. The course has been developed with the aim of providing young people with a basic knowledge of volleyball, and developing the skills and confidence to introduce and develop aspects of the game safely.
The course is a 4 – 6 hour award and does not require participants to have any previous knowledge of volleyball. The award can be delivered by any PE Teacher or Level 2 Coach, supported by the Tutor Resource Pack. This easy-to-follow resource plans your sessions for you, is national curriculum friendly and can be delivered in one go or as part of PE lesson time.
Resource Pack Cost
The Tutor Resource Pack is £50 and includes:
- Step by step guide
- Information booklet
- Task cards
To order your Young Referee Award Tutor Resource Pack please visit the Volleyball England shop.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course the Young Referees will:
- Develop an understanding of volleyball.
- Understand and apply the rules in small sided games (2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 levels).
- Demonstrate effective scoring skills.
- Know how to create a safe working environment.
- Develop an understanding about Volley Sport Cards and the VolleySport Award Scheme.