The South West Regional Girls & Boys Training Squads
- Would you like to learn from a top coach?
- Be part of a larger training program?
- Compete in Junior Competitions?
The South West Squads are part of the Volleyball England Regional Talent Development Programme. Training is offered to girls and boys with monthly training sessions held from September to April.
The training is run to offer opportunities for young players to improve their play by working with the regional squad coaches.
To have the opportunity to meet other young players from around the region and enjoy working with a large ‘same age group’.
To prepare Regional Representative teams to compete in the National Inter Regional Championships.
There are four SW Squads and age groups
- Girls Under 15’s. This means that you must be Under 15 on August 31st. #
- Boys Under 15s. This means that you must be Under 15 on August 31st. #
- Girls Under 17’s. This means that you must be Under 17 on August 31st.
- Boys Under 17s. This means that you must be Under 17 on August 31st.
# (Girls & boys younger than 13 may train by prior agreement)
As per the current Covid requirements, you will need to Book & Pay for each session in advance. The sessions are limited to 27 players, bookings will close on the preceding Friday at 23:50. The contact number given will be used by the SWVA as your Covid-19 Track and Trace contact number.
Please also print off the “Parent Consent form” and bring it along with you. Parental-consent-form
- Ages are as at 1st September in the season of the competition (as per the school year).
- If Covid T&C’s change and we are unable to run these sessions, fees will be returned (minus commission payments).
- Not all venues have re-opened and hence we have not been able to book or confirm the remaining sessions for the 2020/21 sessions.
- SWVA Members COVID return to play guidelines
- SWVA Coaches COVID Guidelines
- COVID-19 officer job description
- SWVA Risk Assessment Wellsway
Where to go for training;
Most training sessions are held at the Riverside Leisure Centre in Exeter but some sessions are held in other towns. Please check the calendar to confirm the location of each session or contact the team manager.
- Wellsway School LC, Chandag Road, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1PH
- Riverside LC, Cowick Street, Exeter, EX4 1AF
How much does it cost?
The staff are all volunteers but unfortunately, it is necessary to charge fees for training and competitions. This year we have seen additional costs incurred due to Covid but we have been able to keep the cost the same as last season thanks to a Sport England award.
- Girls Training fees are £12 (3 hours)
- Boys Training fees are £15 (4 hours)
Each monthly session at Riverside Leisure Centre, Exeter is seven hours long, from 11am to 6pm. Girls will be training for 3 hours as decided by the Girls Coaching squad, from 11am to 2pm. The Boys coaching squad decided to train for 4 hours, from 2pm to 6pm. However please always check the calendar for times as some sessions are held at different sports centres in Bristol and Bournemouth at different times.
What to Bring
Equipment to bring to each session : Pair of trainers/gym shoes, socks, shorts, training/ warm up shirt, knee pads, large water bottle water and a packed lunch all other equipment will be on site. (First Time: Parent Consent form)
2021 – 22 Staff
U17 Girls – Dave Gunter firstname.lastname@example.org
U15 Girls – Janna Rogers email@example.com
U17 Boys – Ben Fairweather firstname.lastname@example.org
U15 Boys – Cliff Ball email@example.com
- Dan Mrowiec
- Florenie Ermeje
Team Manager: Volunteer Required
If you need anymore details or would just like to contact someone, please email the appropriate head coach or team manager, contact details above.
Players who want to succeed in reaching the representative team will be expected to attend these training sessions regularly.
The Inter Regional Championships are usually held over the first or second May Bank Holiday each year. Teams will also be entered in other competitions during the training period, typically the Exeter Challenge events, Bristol Ladies and Plymouth Development events.
IRC 2020 Documents
Documents for the 2020 IRC even will be added once we have received them.
As a guide, see 2017 below.
IRC 2017 Documents
The following documents and information have been provided by Volleyball England for parents and spectators for the 2017 Championship Final. Match schedules are correct at the time of uploading.
- Directions to National Volleyball Centre
- IRC 2017 – Competition Format
- IRC Schedule 2017
- Revised Schedule for U14 Girls B Team
- SP4 Photo Registration Form
- SP5 Parent Carer Consent Form
- Parent information