This season marks our 50th Anniversary and our first major event will be the SW Vets tournament (9th Nov, 10 am to 6pm at the Riverside LC, Exeter) followed by an evening celebration at the Mill on the Exe, Exeter (ground Floor function room).
The evening event will be split into two, both events will have access to the SWVA@50 set of displays, slide show plus a selection of food. The function room has its own bar and services, come along, feel free to stay for both events, subsidised tickets are required (so we can confirm numbers with the caterers).
** Tickets on Sale until the 25th Oct 2019 **
– – – – – –
SW Vets Presentations & Post Event Nibbles
Tickets (£16 Per Team, so about £2 each)
It is hoped that all teams from the days tournament can drop in for chat, a bite to eat, check out the displays, the SWVA@50 slide show, relive todays event, catch up with friends and watch the tournament presentations.
- Tickets are per Team (one per each SW Vets team required)
- The 1st & 2nd placed 2019 SW Vets teams will have their ticket price refunded
9th Nov, 6pm to 7pm – SW Vets Presentation, nibbles & Drinks (Mill on the EXE)
- 5:30pm – Doors Open (ground floor)
- 6:00pm – SW Vets Nibbles (available from)
- 6:30pm – SW Vets Awards
– – – – – –
SWVA 50th Anniversary Buffet
Tickets (£10 Per Person)
Come and celebrate 50 years of SW Volleyball with us, meet old friends (we are expecting a good number of past members to attend), check out the SWVA displays, buffet and celebration cake at the Mill on the Exe, Exeter.
9th Nov, 7pm to Close – SW 50th Anniversary Buffet
- Pre event: 6pm to 7pm – SW Vets Presentation – meet the teams
- 7:45pm – Buffet
- 8:15pm – Speeches
- 8:30pm – Toast and then Cutting of the Cake
- 9:00pm – Social Time till close
SWVA@50 Displays and Mementos
- TimeOut Newsletter and items from the SWVA Archives
- Back ground Slide Show – The early years
- SWVA Rolls of Honours – 50 years of history and event winners
- Whitefield Tournament display – the first 46 years
- Local leagues & Area Associations – Items from the past
- Volleyball Newsletter Display – Started on line in 1995 with issues 001
- Exeter Challenge Reports – Now in its 25th year,
Other Items Welcome…
SWVA the early years 1969 – 1979
– – – – – –
Once you have completed your purchase, your E ticket will be available and emailed to you, print it or save on your mobile phone / tablet.
An Invoice will also be attached if you need to claim your fee back
The Mill on the Exe is within walking distance of both Exeter main line railway stations: Exeter St David’s & Exeter Central Station.
The number 56 Bus provides a regular service between Exeter Airport, Exeter City Centre and Exeter St David’s Railway Station – https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/South%20West/connexions%20web%20tt%20apr19%20PROOF%20(1).pdf
If you arrive early, feel free to drop in to the SW Vet’s Tournament at the Exeter Riverside LC.
Plenty of hotels in and around Exeter if you are planning to stay over, a couple you may wish to check out:
Headweir Mill House (Mill on the Exe) – http://millontheexe.com/accommodation/
Premier Inn – Exeter St Davids – https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/devon/exeter/exeter-central-st-davids.html
Mill on the Exe, Bonhay Road, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3AB
Exeter Riverside LC, Cowick Street, Exeter, EX4 1AF
For anything else, please use the “Contact the Event Organser” link on the ticket above