2021 SW Junior Beach Training Dates
- The Inter Regional Beach U18 Championships #IRB 2021 10th-11th July – TBC
We are pleased to announce the launch of this year’s South West Junior Beach Volleyball
Programme. The program aims to develop junior beach players within South West and to select athletes that will represent the region in the upcoming Inter-Regional Beach Volleyball U18 Cup, which is currently planed for the weekend of the 10-11th July 2021, venue TBC.
Athletes are welcome to register for the camps providing they are:
- U18 as of 31st December 2021. Anyone born on or after the 1st January 2004.
- Residence, attending a school, or being registered as a player with a club in the SWVA Region.
- Committed to Event A, and B, and at least one of C or D, but ideally both.
- Welsh athletes that are part of our SWVA Junior Indoor Programme can take part. If Wales enters the competition TBC, we expect their priority for selection to be with the Welsh squad.
|Date||Event and Venue|
|05/06/2021||A – Training Camp – Cardiff 10:00-15:00|
|19/06/2021||B – UKBT U18 Tournament Canford Cliff – Poole|
|03/07/2021||C – Training Camp TBC Invited players only – Canford Cliffs, Poole 1200 – 1700|
|04/07/2021||D – UKBT Sandbank’s tournament|
Training day schedule:
- 10:00 – 12:00 – Morning training
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch time
- 12:30 – 15:00 – Afternoon training / Match Play
The boys and girls training will run alongside each other. Cost per training day is £15 each athlete. Event entries will depend on organisers and an email for entry will be sent to the athletes interested in participating in advance.
During camp and beach events, each athlete will be able to demonstrate their skills and awareness on game play but also be able to develop their beach volleyball skills with the guidance of our coaches.
Competition events will also be attended by coaches thus will count towards each athletes’ assessment for selection. Selection date by coaches will be on 23rd June 2021 and selected pairing will be posted on SWVA website on 26th June 2021 together with an email to each athlete selected or their parents/guardian.
The program head coach is Denise Austin with assistant coaches Dave Gunter (Girls) and Ben Fairweather (Boys). For event details, queries, concerns and confirmations please feel free to contact me in any form of communication below.
As per current requirements, you need to book and pay on line. If you have a unused ticket voucher, please use as required and you will also need to bring along a Parental Consent form: Parental consent form
COVID Notice – All events and activities are based on the current COVID ‘roadmaps’ and information we have been provided by Volleyball England and other event organisers, please be aware that plans may have to change and we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
For more details, please contact Florenie Ermeje firstname.lastname@example.org
SW Beach Training at Croyde
Home Nations 2018 Beach Volleyball Cup videos from Cardiff.