At each League game the opposing team is required to nominate a “Player of the Match” and record his/her name on the score sheet. At the end of the season, the player receiving the most nominations in each Division will receive an appropriate award.
The 1st referee should ensure that both teams have completed this, as well as both team captain’s signing the scoresheet, before signing off the scoresheet them self.
The nomination will be awarded to the player who, in the opinion of the opposition team, has made the most positive contribution to the match:
- Personal playing performance
- Consistent display of technical and tactical ability
- Contribution to the team’s performance
- support of team mates.
- Adherence to the rules of the game
- The spirit of fair play.
- Acceptance of the referees’ decisions.