The SW Championships is the official Volleyball Championship of the SWVA and will take place at the Plymouth Marjon University on the 13 – 14th May 2023.
There is a maximum of 20 positions in the event, the cost per team will be £150 and entries will be accepted in two rounds. (Players who are not VE or SWVA registered will need to pay a £2.00 temporary membership fee).
Places will be allocated in two rounds until the event is full on a first come first served basis. Only existing South West League and National League clubs will be able to enter in Round One. All other teams within the SW region can enter under Round Two.
- Round One will open at 10am on Saturday 25th February for all SW League and South West based VE National League clubs.
- Clubs can enter one team per gender from their existing NVL and SW League teams.
- Round One entries will close at noon on Wednesday 1st March
- All entries will be via Ticket Tailor at Enter SW Championships, where you will need to pay a £10 non-refundable deposit to reserve your place (first come first served).
- Payment details for the balance of £140 are in the booking confirmation. If payment is not received on time your entry will be cancelled and your deposit forfeit.
- Clubs wanting to be invited for entry into Round Two must notify the Competitions Secretary by noon on Wednesday 1st March. Any club with a team located within the SWVA region from the SW, NL, Local, BUCS and SW Crown Services programs may request an invite. This includes requests for a second team from NVL and SWVA clubs that enter in the first round.
- Round Two will open to invited teams on Saturday 4th March at 10am, if there are any remaining places.
- All Places not confirmed under round One (i.e. payment not received) will be reallocated, teams can re-apply under round Two.
- Payment details for the balance of £140 are in the booking confirmation, payment must be received within one week of booking.
Please note that this tournament is the South West’s elite competition to find the best team in the region. Teams are therefore expected to select their players from their current registration lists and the organizers reserve the right to apply sanctions to the club for future events for obvious transgressions.
Before entering, please checkout the SWVA Code of Conduct for your clubs, players, coaches and spectators etc.